Job description / Role About the Role: Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you&• 039;ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us. WSP are looking for a Senior... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | United Arab Emirates
Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you&• 039;ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Senior Airport planner provide direct support to our clients for strategic technical and business goals, project management, and leadership across a portfolio of airports.
A typical week would include:
• Plan, direct, and supervise airport/urban/environmental planning project(s) of large scope and complexity
• Manage scope of work and project schedule development
• Tender evaluation
• Engage services and manage outside consultants when warranted
• Conduct consultant deliverables reviews
• Schedule management and cost compliance
• Participate in stakeholder and management review presentations
• Adhere to safety and quality requirements
• Embrace the spirit of teamwork and collaboration and keep up with industry developments.
This involves the following: –
• Air traffic forecasting
• Flight schedule and airline operations analysis
• Capacity-demand analysis
• Airfield capacity and geometric layout planning
• Obstacle limitation surface planning
• Terminal capacity and functional layout planning
• Cargo facilities capacity, location and functional layout planning
• Landside facilities capacity, location and layout planning
• Airport support facilities capacity, location and layout planning
• Commercial facilities planning
• Overall Airport Master Planning
• Land use planning
• Project justification
• Stakeholder requirement analysis
• Options development and analysis
• Cost analysis
• Management presentations
We&• 039;d love to hear from you if you have:
• Bachelor&• 039;s degree in Architecture/Engineering, Airport Planning, or other related technical field, 15+ years of related work experience with at least 10 years of experience in Airport Planning. Appropriate professional certifications/ affiliations from internationally recognized authority highly desirable.
• Expert knowledge of airport/urban/environmental planning practices and procedures, with a strong background in Master Planning and other related planning studies for small/medium/large airports.
• Thorough understanding of ICAO/IATA regulations, as well as other international and local regulatory standards to ensure project compliance with national laws.
• Working knowledge and proficiency in application of project and staff management principles. Proven ability for performing in a supervisory capacity on a project.
• Proficiency in utilizing PC and various software packages typically used in airport/urban/environmental planning assignments is required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (fluent in English, understanding of Arabic highly desirable).
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office essential.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy – we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.