Job description / Role About the Role: Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you&• 039;ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us. As planning engineer you will be... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | United Arab Emirates
Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you&• 039;ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
As planning engineer you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the project team and be one of the primary representatives of the consultant to the client as related to project matters.
A typical week would include:
• Monitoring of the programme
• Monitoring of the activities and resources on site
• Checking and requiring the contractor to update and revise, as necessary, the programme
• Regularly monitor programmes to identify potential variance between scheduled and actual progress. Once variances are identified, recommendations will be made with suggestions for rectification
• Conducting regular coordination meetings
• Checking and requiring the contractor to produce the daily, weekly and monthly reports in accordance with the Employer&• 039;s Schedule or Employer&• 039;s Specification respectively
We&• 039;d love to hear from you if you have:
• Bachelors Degree in civil engineering or equivalent
• Min of 5 years experience in a similar role
• Experience on Theme Park projects is preferred?
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy – we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognize the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.?Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
WSP is one of the world&• 039;s leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.