KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive) Operational Excellence • Provide continuous support in assessing and analysing the operational effectiveness • Support in the implementation of improvement initiatives that drive operational excellence • Apply continuous improvement and lean practices and techniques to support the organization in the delivery of its mandate • Build and maintain knowledge of business... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | United Arab Emirates
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Provide continuous support in assessing and analysing the operational effectiveness
• Support in the implementation of improvement initiatives that drive operational excellence
• Apply continuous improvement and lean practices and techniques to support the organization in the delivery of its mandate
• Build and maintain knowledge of business processes as a basis to drive operational excellence
• Contribute to relevant standard operating procedures and documentation
• Advise on best practises and provide recommendations for process improvement opportunities
• Work closely with senior management to support in defining improvement plans and objectives that align to the branch’ strategy
• Support in the preparation, coordination and execution of improvement projects
• Apply project management techniques when supporting or driving improvement projects
• Actively drive and perform the execution of improvement projects as applicable
• Liaise with various units within and beyond TECF in driving process improvement projects
• Coach change agents and management to ensure maximum positive impact
Business Performance Management
• Support senior management and service owners in the preparation of business cases, making use of financial and business modelling where applicable
• Advise and support senior management in the formulation of the branch’ strategic direction as well as its target setting and monitoring applying performance management as well as performance measurement standards and tools
• Support in the preparation of strategic as well as business-related performance reporting towards management
Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or another relevant field.
Experience: At least five years of progressively responsible job-related work experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in operational excellence and process improvement.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English Language.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
• Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
• Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
• Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
• Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
• Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
• Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
• Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
• Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
• Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
• Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
• Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has performed complex business modelling or financial calculations.
• Has led the execution of process improvement projects applying lean methodology.