Job Description: • Are you looking for an opportunity to be a leader on a major water pipeline transmission project? Are you well versed in mechanical engineering? If so, Parsons has a great opportunity for you to join us on a significant capital improvement program. • The Assistant Resident Engineer Mechanical will assist the Resident... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | United Arab Emirates
• Are you looking for an opportunity to be a leader on a major water pipeline transmission project? Are you well versed in mechanical engineering? If so, Parsons has a great opportunity for you to join us on a significant capital improvement program.
• The Assistant Resident Engineer Mechanical will assist the Resident Engineer Mechanical in administering the operational functions of the day-to-day activities on the project, with specific duties related to construction of a major water pipeline project. He will supervise the execution of the works beside site inspectors working on the construction supervision under his discipline.
• In this role, you will plan, schedule, supervise, and exercise administrative authority over all field engineering work. The successful candidate controls field engineering activities prepares construction and procurement schedules, conducts subcontract negotiations, and provides technical guidance to support construction operations in accordance with Company procedures and industry practices. Willingness to relocate to construction site locations is expected.
• Plans, organizes, and ensures adequate staffing, execution, and monitoring of all field engineering activities and related support operations.
• Provides guidance regarding scope of work, schedules, procedures, field construction problems, and other technical information.
• Determines budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule.
• Establishes, monitors, and maintains construction engineering quality control in the field.
• Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees.
• Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site specific safety procedures and industry standards.
• Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with project design engineering, client representatives, and contractors.
• Maintains project control documentation, design drawings and specifications, backcharge documents, change orders, etc.
• Monitors contractor performance pertaining to schedule and conformance to plans and specifications.
• Makes decisions regarding long range planning, scheduling, budgeting, work priorities, and personnel.
• Provides advice on field engineering procedures, construction methods, and financial matters to management.
• Frequently interfaces with upper level management and client personnel.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or construction related field
• 10+ years of experience in field construction is required
• Experience in the construction of water pipeline transmission projects, including some supervisory
• Mechanical experience related to major water pipeline projects
• Requires a comprehensive knowledge of engineering and construction related processes, as well as industry practices.
• Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, a familiarity with CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering and construction, and the proven ability for performing in a supervisory capacity on a project.
• UAE project experience