A Creative Fragrance Application Lab Technician with the global leader in the creation of Taste & Wellbeing and Fragrance & Beauty, and a key member of our Fragrance Application team providing essential support for both our Fine Fragrances and Fragrances Consumer Products Development teams in Dubai - Your future position? Fragrance is at the heart... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | United Arab Emirates
A Creative Fragrance Application Lab Technician with the global leader in the creation of Taste & Wellbeing and Fragrance & Beauty, and a key member of our Fragrance Application team providing essential support for both our Fine Fragrances and Fragrances Consumer Products Development teams in Dubai – Your future position?
Fragrance is at the heart of Givaudan. We have a rich history of creating Fragrances that strike an emotional chord with consumers. We are inspired by our rich heritage and our contribution to defining the evolution of the trends over time. We create scents that shape people’s lives.
Our Creative Fragrance Application Lab in Dubai provides critical lab support & analytical study for different fragrance applications and ingredients for our Creative Fragrance Development teams for Fine Fragrance and Consumer Products, to help us provide unique and winning fragrance options for our customers in the Middle East and North Africa region.
Due to increasing project pipelines and timeline commitments, we are now seeking additional temporary support for our Fragrance Application Lab team in Dubai and hiring for a ‘Creative Fragrance Application Lab Technician’ . You will support the Application team to prepare quality and accurate fragrance applications in different bases for our customers, with the guidance of our Fragrance Development teams.
The role will be based in our Dubai Media City office and report to the Application Lab Manager for North Africa and the Middle East with excellent opportunities for learning & development in a very creative environment. This is a full-time role with us on a temporary contract for 2 months initially, working 5 days a week, and with a start date in June 2021 itself; the contract could be extended later on depending on our business requirement.
You will work for a company that touches billions of consumers more than a hundred times a day. Our passion for our customers and their brands brings a new dimension to our Business to Business industry. You will work for the market leader at the forefront of innovation in an industry of emotions. We have a culture that works to inspire, challenge and capture the heart and soul of consumers and customers. Our customers in the region have local, regional, and international profiles, bringing diversity and curiosity to our daily job.
This could well be your perfect opportunity if you have a real passion for thriving in a Laboratory environment, always aims to exceed customer needs, and can add value to a winning team.
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for:
Bring your passion –
• Help apply fragrances to consumer products when assigned.
• Help in the administration of materials and laboratory organisation.
• Perform colour matching and recommend dyes following customer request.
Utilise the very best of you –
• Follow procedures and prepare applications with quality, speed, and accuracy.
• Demonstrate a basic ability in formulation development and preparation of internal bases.
Improve efficiency and excellence –
• Promote a clean laboratory environment and lab equipment following EH&S guidelines and good laboratory practices.
• Administer sample requests and facilitate the order of fragrance oils.
• Promptly record and communicate application results.
• Manage fragrance oils, customer bases, and internal base inventories.
Do you want to be in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then join us and shape your world.
We are looking for –
• A Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or a relevant discipline.
• 1+ years of relevant experience in a laboratory environment. Prior experience in Fragrance applications/compounding will be an added advantage.
• Preference will be given to candidates already based in Dubai with a UAE residence visa under parent/spouse/university sponsorship and able to join us immediately or in the month of June 2021 itself.
• A basic understanding of the lab documentation protocol and handling lab equipment’s and chemicals.
• Excellent opportunities for progressive learning and development.
• A creative team environment that will inspire you