Job description / Role Our client, a well-established metalwork company in the UAE, is currently looking for a ACCOUNTANT to be based in Sharjah. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities: The role holder will be undertaking the following responsibilities: • Own the AP/Payroll processes across the company. • Record and update suppliers’... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | United Arab Emirates
Job description / Role
Our client, a well-established metalwork company in the UAE, is currently looking for a ACCOUNTANT to be based in Sharjah. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
The role holder will be undertaking the following responsibilities:
• Own the AP/Payroll processes across the company.
• Record and update suppliers’ invoices.
• Record of all contract cost and ensure the cost being recorded as per company policy.
• Preparation of payments, cheques, bank transfer, BOE etc.
• Check and record settlement for employee dues.
• Recording and reconciliation of intercompany transactions.
• Processing of payment of utilities and other bills.
• Processing subcontractors/suppliers/client payment and keeping record of payment
• Reconsolidate all suppliers account and balance of confirmation for audit
• Providing information to external auditor as directed by Senior Management.
• Maintaining general ledger and sub ledger accounts.
• Reimbursement of petty cash and keeping confirmations from recipients.
• Assist in year-end closing and audits accruals, reserve analysis and intercompany transactions and reconciliations.
• Perform bank reconciliations, related entries, and report Daily cash balances.
• Create timely and accurate accounting reports and present them to company&• 039;s executives and senior management including schedules and commentary with respect to operating results and variances, preparation of operational information and ad hoc reporting as required
• Develop recommendations to optimize company&• 039;s accounting systems and procedures and detect inaccuracies
• Support and consult company&• 039;s personnel on accounting control procedures
• Supervise accounting assistants and bookkeepers? plan their work and assign tasks
• Ensure that accounting procedures comply with GAAP requirements
• Compare results to forecast, budget or prior periods, investigate any significant or unusual variances and determine the appropriate adjustments
• Participate or lead various projects and tasks as required based on business needs, including developing modelling tools and procedures for examining and understanding financial data and provide credible recommendations relative to the data
• System improvements and implementations: Evaluate and make recommendations for improvements to the global accounting systems and related tools to support the Company’s strategic needs and improve internal controls and the reliability of financial information.
• Participate in upgrades and continued development of the financial accounting systems and stay aware of new trends and products that could be recommended to improve the operational effectiveness of the global finance and accounting team.
• Property, Plant & Equipment – The Accountant will oversee the accounting functions of purchasing, disposing, tracking and depreciating all property, plant and equipment.
• The accountant will review and reconcile accounts within Workday.
• Provide assistance in the record retention process, involving specific accounting reports and records.
• The accountant will perform other ad hoc tasks, as assigned.
• Maintains strictest confidentiality.
• Develops and maintains financial management information systems and corrects errors.
• Tracks Telephone, Salik and Utilities payments.
• Take corrective action on Over usage
• Perform ad hoc analyses of issues to support management inquiries for revenue and expenses, all performed within time sensitive deadlines and with a high degree of attention to detail.
• Responds to questions and solves problems as requested by department managers. This includes responding to questions or problems pertaining to the monthly Vision performance reports, as well as all supporting reports used by department managers to supervise revenues and expenses.
To be considered, you need to meet the following requirements:
• Diploma / Degree in Accounting/Finance
• Possess 5 years or more in the construction field (specially in steel fabrication)
• Must be willing to be based in Sharjah, UAE
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.