About the Role This is a key new high impact transformation and continuous improvement role within complex R2R operations in FSSC. The role is responsible for leading and driving end-to-end high impact process improvements, driving system implementation with IT partners. The role will also implement KPIs and building stakeholder dashboards of the Record to Report... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | United Arab Emirates
About the Role
This is a key new high impact transformation and continuous improvement role within complex R2R operations in FSSC. The role is responsible for leading and driving end-to-end high impact process improvements, driving system implementation with IT partners. The role will also implement KPIs and building stakeholder dashboards of the Record to Report (R2R) operations at FSSC. Role is accountable for delivering standardization, optimization and governance for large Record to Report organization of approximately 60+ employees delivering high quality accounting, financial closing and reporting activities for AF Group catering 200+ entities and across 10 different geographies supporting diversified BUs in Automotive, Retail, Real Estate, Construction, Healthcare, Group Services etc.
About the Responsibilities
• Implement efficient Closing process to closely monitor critical R2R closing activities and process dependencies
• Support group wide review process of Impairment, reconciliations, Expected Credit Losses (ECL) and others which are having significant impact on BS and PL in coordination with FSSC R2R tower head and Finance controllers
• Month end postings – Standardization of Accruals, pre-paid & provisions (across all divisions, implement best practices)
• Effective utilization of Project accounting (PS module) in relevant companies
• Critically evaluate process to control recording of material transactions and put governance framework to regulate those centrally e.g. Need of approval, supporting documents etc.
• Lead the maintenance of an effective internal control structure ensuring compliance with AFG accounting policies and IFRS
• Develop and improve the key performance indicators in R2R operations
Internal / External Governance
• Drive pre-closing meetings with R2R tower heads, cross functional tower heads & FCs and track action items (Action Taken Report-ATR)
• Automation of key B/S Ageing Reports – Debtors, GRIR, ICM, Collection
• Governance around open audit issues and follow up on the resolution
• Review of closing tracker and drive critical discussions with respective stakeholders
• Review and plan action basis Balance Sheet Substantiation
• Exception reporting post GL Scrutiny – across all R2R companies
• Drive audit meetings with R2R tower head, TLs, customers and auditors during external audits
Projects and automation
• Handling group wide R2R projects; to improve the closing and reporting processes e.g.;
• Fintech tool, Alteryx for GL reconciliation
• Charts of accounts Harmonization
• Automation of key GL schedules
• Auto recon. Of ICM balances
• Design process framework and automation of accounting like recurring accrual booking, fixed set of accounting entries etc.
• Robotic Process Automation (RPA) for fixed asset creations, various program executions like CWIP run, Depreciation run, Cycle postings, IC reconciliation report, Dividend roll ups within Intern company etc.
• Lead and support business partnership projects or Groupwide initiatives
Drive key documentations
• Support in creation and updation of SOPs for all R2R processes and the divisions managed
• Creation and sign-off of SoWs and SLAs with divisions for clear responsibility and accountability
• Implement Transition toolkit (TTK) for any new business integration and Change Requests (CRs)
About the Requirements
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
• CA/ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified Accountant or equivalent (8-10 years relevant experience)
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Significant experience of process improvement in a large global organisation
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Six Sigma Green Belt desired, Knowledge about the Kaizen and LEAN methodologies