Job Purpose Identifies and manages asset reliability risks to plant or business operations and provides specialist technical advice to the Maintenance and Operations functions on statistical analysis, reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety systems. Provides specialized technical guidance and support in developing and updating predictive and preventive maintenance programmes. Job... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | United Arab Emirates
Identifies and manages asset reliability risks to plant or business operations and provides specialist technical advice to the Maintenance and Operations functions on statistical analysis, reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety systems. Provides specialized technical guidance and support in developing and updating predictive and preventive maintenance programmes.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 1)
Reliability Engineering Procedures:
• Provides recommendations for design enhancements to meet reliability expectations.
• Provides monitoring equipment performance trends, recognizing and acting on deviations from reliability and availability targets of the plant facilities.
• Recommends preventive maintenance procedures and spare parts selection.
• Ensures equipment repair procedures are complete and provides expert guidance to Reliability Engineers to address critical aspects.
• Provides effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
• Develops engineering and technical solutions to improve reliability of systems and equipment.
• Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans.
• Provides expert input to reliability engineering services in the form of statistical analysis, investigations and advice in the areas of asset management by applying modern risk management techniques.
• Leads reliability improvements initiatives by setting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Ensures that equipment criticality is maintained as per the standard matrix and is reviewed periodically.
• Undertakes Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) and Weibull Analysis studies.
• Applies Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and Risk Based Maintenance (RBM) programmes to plant equipment.
Monitoring of Reliability Services:
• Reviews materials and project construction specification documents and Purchase Requisitions to ensure compliance with international codes and standards.
• Undertakes Root Cause Fault Analysis (RCFA) involving multidisciplinary personnel and prepares investigation reports.
• Performs reliability engineering studies and analyses of both small and large projects.
• Actively participates in plant risk assessment studies such as HAZOP.
• Audits predictive and preventive practices to identify shortcomings and actively participates in the periodic review of predictive maintenance plans.
• Maintains continuous liaison with the Maintenance and Operations and supporting departments and has regular contact with vendors and equipment manufacturers to improve equipment reliability.
• Ensures the monitoring and auditing of the quality and effectiveness of Preventive Maintenance (PM) strategies and ensures that the failure patterns and failure modes are incorporated into maintenance strategies.
• Monitors and analyses MAXIMO data for quality and quantity of Core and Transaction Data related to equipment performance entered by the site users.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 2)
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 3)
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
• Provide input for preparation of the Department/ Section budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Department / Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Department / Section’s work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department / Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices
• Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management
Generic Accountabilities (continue)
Internal Communications & Working Relationships
Contact with line Manager/ peers and other employees within the company/Group as required
External Communications & Working Relationships
Contact with external parties including consultants, third party service providers, and government agencies as required
B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering preferred. Disciplines such as Control or Electrical Engineering may also be considered. Certified Training in RCM Modules preferred.
Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
• 8 years Reliability engineering experience in the Oil and Gas industry.
• Knowledge of risk and reliability management systems
• Experience in failure mode and effect analysis, with a solid understanding of failure mechanisms
• Experience in troubleshooting, analysing and resolving engineering problems independently
• Effective communication and ability to write technical reports
• Knowledge of international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications
• Ability to apply predictive techniques
• Competent in the use of PC and relevant engineering computer software applications such as MAXIMO.
• Able to apply the concept of Reliability Centred Maintenance(RCM) and Risk Based Maintenance (RBM)
• Experienced in Complete Maintenance Management Solution (CMMS) and reliability improvement applications
• Knowledge of rotating equipment such as turbines, compressors and auxiliaries including associated international codes such as API and ISO
• Comprehensive understanding of HSE and other regulatory compliance requirements
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written Englis
Revenues/ Budget: As per approved financial budget
Direct Reports: As per organization chart
Indirect Reports: As per organization chart