Job description / Role At Fairmont Dubai, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our Guests and Visitors is an integral part of our operations. As Supervisor you represent the brand to the Guest throughout all stages of the Guest stay providing a consistent high quality of personalized service, and serve as the Guest liaison for... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | United Arab Emirates
Job description / Role
At Fairmont Dubai, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our Guests and Visitors is an integral part of our operations. As Supervisor you represent the brand to the Guest throughout all stages of the Guest stay providing a consistent high quality of personalized service, and serve as the Guest liaison for both hotel and non-hotel services.
What is in it for you:
– Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
– Learning programs through our Academies
– Be a part of the Fairmont Flagship Hotel in the Middle East
– Experience the hustle of a dynamic, fast paced hotel located in the heart of the City&• 039;s commercial district
– Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
– Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
– Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
– Organize and implement administrative systems & procedures, and perform necessary support duties
– Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
– Register Guests and assign rooms
– Accommodate special requests whenever possible
– Assist in preregistration and allocation of rooms
– Thoroughly understand and adhere to proper credit and cash handling policies and procedures
– Understand room status and room status tracking
– Know room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates
– Use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel
– Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests and day use rooms
– Possess a working knowledge of the reservations department
– Know how to use front office equipment
– Process Guest check-outs
– Handle cash and balance cash at the end of the shift
– Develop a strong knowledge of the hotel&• 039;s facilities and services and of the surrounding community
– Provide exceptional concierge information to our Guests about local and area attractions, restaurants, theatres, special events, tickets, confirmation and other available services
– Arrange secretarial and other office services if requested by Guest
– Coordinate Guest&• 039;s requests for special services with the appropriate department
– Communicate strongly and effectively with all other departments, highlight Front Desk requirements to ensure proper level of service to our Guests
– Handle Guest complaints and solve problems
– Use proper telephone etiquette
– Use proper mail, package, and message handling procedures
– Establish and maintain communication with all Front Desk staff on a daily basis
– Be a constant presence in Front Desk, ensure that all Guests are greeted in a courteous manner and are made to feel welcomed at all times
– Maintain the cleanliness and report deficiencies in the department and knowledge of all safety and emergency procedures
– Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager
– Train new Colleagues and supervise Front Desk Colleagues on daily duties
– Participate in the orientation, meeting, and training process of all Colleagues assigned to Front Desk
– Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move Colleagues from their accustomed shifts to other shifts
– Perform supervisory duties or special projects at the direction of Front Office Manager
Your experience and skills include:
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple interests
– Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion
– Competency using a variety of computer softwares
Your team and working environment:
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Fairmont DBI. Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor&• 039;s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow&• 039;s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! • BELIMITLESS