Job description / Role You are a multi-tasker and are able to work independently, performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative duties to support your team. You communicate well with all contacts, anticipate and resolve issues, and update team your various projects. What is in it for you: - Employee benefit card offering... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | United Arab Emirates
Job description / Role
You are a multi-tasker and are able to work independently, performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative duties to support your team. You communicate well with all contacts, anticipate and resolve issues, and update team your various projects.
What is in it for you:
– Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
– Learning programs through our Academies
– Be a part of the Fairmont Flagship Hotel in the Middle East
– Experience the hustle of a dynamic, fast paced hotel located in the heart of the City&• 039;s commercial district
– Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
– Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
– Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
– Organize and implement administrative systems & procedures, and perform necessary support duties
– Serve as a principal source of information for the team
– Ensure all scheduled colleagues are present and proper grooming is followed at all times
– Assigns stations for the butlers and daily duties for the concierges
– Ensure the schedule is made every week and sent to the Fairmont Gold Manager for review
– Updates the vacation plan of colleagues
– Checks all tables, chairs and equipment on cleanliness and ensures that all is in proper working order
– Check par stock levels of all F&B products daily
– Checks the requisition compared to the par stock and business levels
– Conducts shift briefings daily
– Supervises monthly F&B inventory counts and coordinates with Accounting on the checks
– Supervises and checks monthly linen inventory count
– Supervises and checks the monthly cutlery, crockery & silverware count
– Ensures breakage reports are done accurately and submitted every Saturday
– Assigns rooms for the next 7 days (if returning guests the same room will be allocated as previously stayed in).
– Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
– Assists in pre-registration and allocation of rooms.
– Monitor all Profiles for arriving guests 7 days out
– Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit, and cash-handling policies and procedures.
– Understands room status and room status tracking, coordinates with housekeeping on arriving guest and queue rooms
– Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
– Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
– Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests and day use rooms
– Schedules butlers for Guest meet & greet and personally does meet & greet for VIPs
– Ensures Concierges do the 2 day pre arrival calls for all guests
– Monitors the reservations made yesterday
– Ensures VIP bulletins are send 3 days prior to VIP arrival
– Ensures temperature sheets are present and updated
– Ensures breakage sheets are present and updated, checks red bin for compliance
– Ensures that all notice boards are up to date
– Ensures that the concierges update the guest preferences in the guest profiles
– Trains new colleagues and supervises Fairmont Gold Concierges on daily duties
– Ensures that one FG colleague is put forward every month for Star Colleague of the month in Service plus
– Coordinates birthdays and special occasion celebrations for the team
– Coordinates team outings and schedules replacements
– Takes progressive corrective action where and when needed, within 24h of the event
– Assists the Fairmont Gold Manager in writing the performance reviews for all colleagues
– Ensures all colleague files are up to date
– Ensures all events during the shift are communicated through a hand over verbal if AM, written if PM)
– Coordinates bi weekly trainings, coordinates with F&B for product knowledge trainings
Your experience and skills include:
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple interests
– Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department
– Handles guest complaints and solves problems to the degree possible
– Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion
– Competency using a variety of computer softwares
Your team and working environment:
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Fairmont DBI. Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor&• 039;s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow&• 039;s hospitality.