Job description / Role Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world&• 039;s largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | United Arab Emirates
Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world&• 039;s largest manmade island and archipelago.
This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
The property is set to open in the fourth quarter of 2021.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests.
Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as Director of Rooms
Has overall responsibility for providing leadership and management for the Rooms Division (Front Office, Concierge, Raffles Club Lounge, Boutique, Housekeeping and Butlers department) and be accountable for its asset and performance – i.e., Rooms revenue & profitability, competitive revpar index, guest satisfaction, brand consistency and employee engagement. Also manages and drives performance to outsourced labor related to her Division (Valets, Limousine company and Housekeeping )
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Maintain complete knowledge of :
– All hotel features/services
– All room types, numbers, layout, décor, appointments and locations
– All room rates, special packages and promotions
– Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures
– Previous day&• 039;s pickup and anticipated business levels
– Room availability status for any given day
– Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times
– All hotel and divisional policies and procedures
– Monthly forecast and budget items
– Tour hotel daily; audit staff adherence to Sofitel&• 039; service standards in all phases of service and job functions; follow up with designated employees where needed
– Review departmental/divisional profits, payroll expenses, rooms&• 039; expenses, cost per occupied room, previous day&• 039;s occupancy and room revenues
– Conduct daily briefings, review all information pertinent to the day&• 039;s business
– Prepare weekly work schedules and Manager on Duty schedules in accordance with the staffing guidelines and labor forecasts; adjust schedules to meet business demands
– Conduct weekly meetings with departmental managers and review all information pertinent to the week&• 039;s business
– Observe and review guest feedback / comments and confer frequently with staff to ensure guest needs are being met
– Monitor and handle guest complaints in an expedient and effective manner
– Anticipate sold-out situations/and know how many rooms are overbooked; assist in locating alternative accommodations for guests and assist in walking and following up with guests, in accordance with hotel policies and procedures
– Review all out-of-order rooms daily with respective departments to determine most current status and estimated date for return to room inventory
– Complete work orders for submission to Engineering for prompt maintenance repairs
– Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly Rooms Division financial forecasts
– Prepare annual capital expenditures report
– Monitor monthly status of all accrual categories, i.e., linen, bathrobes, uniforms, etc.
– Provide training and development opportunities for all management employees
– Conduct annual / semi-annual performance reviews for all managers; provide performance feedback to all staff; handle disciplinary problems and counsel managers and staff
– Facilitate divisional and departmental management meetings
– Monitor and facilitate all Internal Defect Reports relating to the Rooms Division
– Work with appropriate departments in setting future rates and special packages
– Assist with facilitation of all quality auditing processes
– Mentor and train appropriate employees for upward growth
– Acts as Brand Ambassador with all our key contacts, regular guests and maximizes guest engagement and drives a culture of guest relations with her teams.
– Solid business / financial acumen with good understanding of luxury hotel operations
– Good understanding of Property Management System
– Act as a role model in delivering elegant and understated service with sophistication
– Demonstrate leadership qualities to build strong employee engagement
– Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
– Good communicator with fluency in English. Ability to communicate in a local language where the hotel operates (e.g. French, Mandarin, Arabic, etc) is desirable
– Proven organizational skills, able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
– Good understanding of budgeting, forecasting, expenses and payroll control
– Executive presence – self assured exuding quiet confidence and humility
– Degree from a reputable hotel school preferred.
– Minimum 5-7 years of experience in managing Rooms operations in a luxury hotel gained from working in key cities / resorts destinations globally.